Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Ways to Study

By: Madison Seelye

Everyone has their own way to study. Here are some new tips on how to study from teachers and students around West.

I asked Nikki Shaw, a seventh grade student, how she studies, and she said, “I study the hard ones first, then I go to the easy one, after that I have my parents quiz me.”

I asked Estella Grove, another seventh grade student, how she studies and she said, “I study my notes and ask my parents to quiz me.”

I asked Mr. Corcoran, a sixth grade teacher, what his best advice on how the sixth grade students should study for tests, and he said “Look over notes before the test,  but if you know the test is going to be in three days start going over your notes early. When looking over notes every day, study little pieces at a time, don’t wait till the test to study.”

I asked Mrs. Wilcken, a seventh grade teacher, what her best advice was on how seventh grade students could study for tests, and she said “You should look over notes every day for five minutes. You will be able to remember much more. Try and do something creative with your notes and vocabulary that will help them make sense to you. Mostly don’t wait till the night before the test to study!”

I asked Mrs. Jackson, an eighth grade teacher, what her best advice for the eighth grade students to study for tests, and she said “As soon as you take notes, study them every day, little bits at a time.”

Take the advice above into consideration the next time you have a test. Don’t wait until the last minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment